Season of Holy Spirit Activation- PROPHETIC EVANGELISM
Acts 2: 5-6; 11-12; 39-41
READING: Acts 2: 5-6; 11-12; 39-41
||Proverbs Ch. 28; Acts 2: 1-28
||Proverbs Ch. 29; Acts 2: 29-47; Revelation 20: 1-15
||Proverbs Ch. 30; Matthew 7: 1-29
||Proverbs Ch. 31; Matthew 25: 1-46
||Proverbs Ch. 1; Acts 1: 1-26
||Proverbs Ch. 2; Acts 8: 1-8; 26-40
||Proverbs Ch. 3; Luke 5: 1-16
Acts 2: 5-6; 11-12; 39-41 – 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 11—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”
38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” 40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- Holy Spirit’s work at Pentecost
- Infilling of the Holy Spirit as Evidence in Tongues – vv. 1-6
- Praise and Worship in Everyone’s Language – v. 11-12
- Peter Explains using Scripture – vv. 17-21
- Proclamation – vv. 22-40
- We developed the practice of speaking prophetically a word of wisdom or a word of knowledge through Rev. HaLana’s teaching a few weeks ago. We are not going to learn to apply the prophetic in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
- Jesus commanded that we make disciples (Matthew 28: 19a)
- Jesus is coming again as judge (Matthew 25)
- Hell is real (Matthew 25: 41)
- Jesus will decide who are true and false disciples (Matthew 7: 21-23)
- Anyone whose name is not in the book of life will go to hell (Revelation 20: 15)
- We’re kingdom builders!
- Evangelism is ministering the new covenant of life in the power of the Holy Spirit. Prophetic Evangelism – listening to the Holy Spirit as He directs us to speak with people. (Adapted from article by Helen Calder)
- Using spiritual gifts, to pass on words of knowledge and prophecies to people who may never have stepped into a church.
- We then offer to pray for them—and Jesus does miracles.
- Prophetic Evangelism is, at its most basic level, sharing the Good News about Jesus with people using the means of prophetic revelation.
- It begins with: (use the example of Paul Quinn bringing coworker to prayer meeting)
- hearing from God (or seeing, if you’re wired as a visionary person)
- how and what He wants you to pray, speak and do in the process of witnessing,
- as well as where and to whom.
- Sometimes, but not always, prophetic evangelism involves sharing a prophetic message from God with someone who is not a Christian.
- ‘Revelation’ means that you are receiving knowledge or insight from God that you wouldn’t know by natural means. The Holy Spirit reveals it to you supernaturally.
- Prophetic Evangelism is Supernatural Evangelism – Luke 5:4-6
- When we partner with the Holy Spirit, miracles happen.
- God never meant for spiritual gifts to be confined to within the four walls of the church.
- We are being challenged not to be one kind of person in a church meeting and another outside.
- If the Lord has given me gifts of prophecy, intercession and so on, why shouldn’t I walk in those gifts wherever I go?
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be looking at some simple principles to help us enter into a fruitful partnership with the Holy Spirit in prophetic evangelism.
PRAYER FOCUS AREAS: Acts 2 – Supernatural Harvest of Souls through Quinn Chapel (refer to prayer focus area card for week)
- Acts 2: 1 – Pray for the Body of Christ at Quinn Chapel to be all together, unified, with one mind for the will of God. (share discussion from prayer meeting)
- Unity – the product of following the leader – good leaders are 1st good followers
- Acts 1: 4-5 – Stay together in Jerusalem and receive the Holy Spirit.
- Acts 1: 6-8 – Unity brings focus and focus results in power. (example of marching band)
- Acts 2: 1 – God fulfilled God’s promise to a people who followed God’s directions.
- Acts 2: 2-4 – Pray for the infilling/baptism of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in speaking in tongues for every member of Quinn Chapel.
- Acts 2: 6 – Let each person to whom Holy Spirit directs us hear exactly what they need to hear in their circumstances to know that Holy Spirit is calling them into intimate relationship with God.
- Acts 2: 11b-12 – May the word we deliver to others glorify God in such a way that unsaved and unchurched persons desire to know more of what this means.
- Acts 2: 14 – Pray for each member of Quinn Chapel stands with a clear and powerful voice to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Acts 2: 36-40 – May the name of Jesus, who is both Lord and Messiah be proclaimed so others believe in the finished work of Jesus Christ on the Cross – His death, burial, and resurrection as God, the Son of God and our Savior and Lord!
- Acts 2: 41 – We receive for God the SUPERNATURAL HARVEST OF SOULS INTO THE KINGDOM!
GOD’S VISION FOR QUINN CHAPEL
(A Kingdom Building Assignment!)
- A congregation with full operation of Holy Spirit.
- A congregation conducting all activities and operations in excellence; honoring and glorifying God in all that we do.
- A LIGHTHOUSE shining the healing power of Christ glory on those who are wounded, bound, or without hope.
- A world-wide distribution center receiving money and other resources, then applying and distributing them to those who are the “least of these.”
- A congregation that assists other congregations to further the Kingdom of God.
- A completely restored and fully operational facility expressing the glory of God.
WE ARE CHRIST CENTERED & OTHERS FOCUSED!
View Sermon PDF